Negative thoughts are like waste products that don’t do any good to you, but keeping them will take away the place for something good. Trying to get them into use or concentrating on them will consume your time, and just won’t take you nowhere but keep you away from the better things, better thoughts.
So how to stop negative thoughts? Read below:-
- As and when you find any negative thought reaching you, just try thinking about something positive, maybe a good quote, something good that happened, think about the person you love, your hobby, or start thinking about ways to reach your goals, what you have to do next. Ofcourse negative thoughts won’t stop but positive thoughts will reduce the space for negative ones.
- Do something fun. You may take a pen/ pencil and paper and start drawing, or start observing people around you(just casually, no staring and all, just look for what everyone else is doing). You can watch a video, do makeup, play a game on the phone, basketball or some other sport, read a blog?, eat something, try cooking, go outside, just look out of the window and do bird watching, dance, listen to music. If one thing doesn’t work, try the other.
- Talk to someone as this always works. Talk to anyone, it can be a meetup, a casual talk, on phone, chatting, video chat anything.
- Have a pet? Why not spend some time with it as spending time with animals does reduce stress, and give you positive vibes.
Ofcourse these were some temporary yet effective ways. And I had to list those because you can do them instantly, but to stop, to kill negative thoughts to a good extent takes time. The points below will help:-
- Don’t talk/think bad about yourself – No need to say or think bad about yourself. Don’t think like you have a bad life, a bad personality, just believe in yourself. Even if you were wrong somewhere, its because you are a human, and everyone makes mistakes, so even if you made a mistake, it doesn’t prove you any less than others.
- Learn from mistakes, and forgive yourself– After making a mistake, instead of being like how could I do this ?, what have I done, even on small mistakes, you need to understand that to avoid this mistake, you don’t have to punish/scold yourself, you just have to learn from it. Instead of concentrating on why it happened, we have to try to not to let it happen again. If you won’t forgive yourself, you will blame yourself, blaming won’t do any good, it will make you stop believing in yourself.
- No need to compare or compete – In life, we learn lessons at different times, are at different levels at everything. One person is good at one thing, and really bad at something else. Age plays a good role but situations, mistakes, incidences happen differently so the lessons learnt are different, different concepts. Even if you are comparing for the same thing, like in the same class, the subjects one is good at, the area of understanding is different.
- Don’t judge yourself and don’t think what other people think because they don’t actually think about you all the time, you aren’t a celebrity, even if you are, there are so many other celebrities to look upon. Even if people judge you, it just doesn’t matter because not everyone knows you, and even when they know you, they may not love you, maybe even jealous of you. Are you gonna shut mouths? Like so many mouths? And don’t judge yourself on the basis of a test, a failure, based on a circumstance or anything because even we ourselves don’t know about what we can do until we do it! So many inventions, so many big unbelievable tasks have been done by the people who had never even imagined that! Same is with us, unless we do it, we won’t believe it, so instead of judging ourselves, we need to concentrate on doing.
So these were few points I could coms up with at the moment. Will update the post soon. If you have anything to ask or share, comment below.